Couple moreadmin / August 17, 2018
Group Exercise G due on Thu, Nov. 13, 5:00 p.m. on Blackboard Chapter 14 1) The monetary base is equal to A) all currency in circulation plus all
Group Exercise G due on Thu, Nov. 13, 5:00 p.m. on Blackboard
1) The monetary base is equal to
A) all currency in circulation plus all deposits in financial institutions.
B) all currency in circulation plus checkable deposits in financial institutions.
C) all currency in circulation plus reserves held by banks.
D) checkable deposits in depository institutions plus reserves held by banks.
2) Which of the following is a liability of the Fed?
A) U.S. government securities
B) currency in circulation
C) discount loans to banks
D) checkable deposits in commercial banks
3) As of October 2012, the value of currency in circulation was about
A) $1.1 billion.
B) $11 billion.
C) $1.1 trillion.
D) $11 trillion.
4) Normally Fed’s portfolio of securities consists principally of
A) municipal bonds.
B) corporate bonds.
C) U.S. Treasury obligations.
D) obligations of foreign governments.
5) What is the most direct method the Fed uses to change the monetary base?
A) open market operations
B) changing the required reserve ratio
C) changing the federal funds rate
D) changing the level of discount loans
6) If the Fed purchases securities worth $10 million from a commercial bank, the banking
system’s balance sheet will show
A) an increase in securities held of $10 million and an increase in bank reserves of $10 million.
B) an increase in securities held of $10 million and a decrease in bank reserves of $10 million.
C) a decrease in securities held of $10 million and an increase in bank reserves of $10 million.
D) a decrease in securities held of $10 million and a decrease in bank reserves of $10 million.
7) Although open market operations and discount loans both change the monetary base, the Fed
View the Answer
A) greater control over open market operations than over discount loans.
B) greater control over discount loans than over open market operations.
C) very little control over either discount loans or open market operations.
D) complete control over both discount loans and open market operations.
8) On the books of the Fed the difference between borrowed reserves and discount loans is equal
A) excess reserves.
B) required reserves.
C) currency in circulation.
D) zero; they are the same thing.
9) Most of the increase in the monetary base between 2007 and 2012 was due to increases in:
B) bank deposits
C) excess reserves
D) Treasury bills
10) Suppose that the banking system currency has no excess reserves and that a bank receives a
deposit into a checking account of $10,000 in currency. If the required reserve ratio is 0.20, what
is the maximum amount that the BANKING SYSTEM can lend out?
11) If the Fed purchases $1 million worth of securities and the required reserve ratio is 8%, by
how much will deposits increase (assuming no change in excess reserves or the public’s currency
A) rise by $1 million
B) decline by $1 million
C) rise by $8 million
D) rise by $12.5 million
12) Which of the following assumptions made in deriving the simple deposit multiplier is
A) The Fed sets the required reserve ratio.
B) The Fed is able to affect the level of reserves in the banking system.
C) Banks loan out all of their excess reserves.
D) The simple deposit multiplier is equal to 1 divided by the required reserve ratio.
Show entire documentBeing in the business for a long time meeting the requirements of students from all over the world has helped us become the best essay writing services provider. Unlike other cheap custom essays services, we never compromise the quality of the service though we provide affordable and cheap custom essays without missing the deadlines provided by the students. One of the most commented factors of our term paper writing services is our ability to provide best dissertation writing services that match the academic requirements and status of the student. This has helped us provide most realistic writing services to our UK , USA, Canada, Asia, Europe, and Africa students making them very likely to get highest grades in their tests and examinations. Certainly we can say that it our conscious efforts to provide our students with research paper writing services that are well beyond the mediocre services that many so called essay writing services offer to them. We have always believed in helping students achieve their dreams and we have ever since toiled hard to make sure that each of our client is able to achieve their career goals with the support of our essays and theses.